Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups shredded zucchini or 2 cups squash
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided use (4.5g fat per 1/4 cup)
- 4 ounces packages fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided use
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatillos, skins removed and halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine squash, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cream cheese, red pepper, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon garlic in a medium mixing bowl.
- Boil tomatillos for approximately 5 minutes or until they begin sinking.
- Place in a blender or food processor.
- Add cilantro, 1 teaspoon garlic, salt, pepper and jalapenos.
- Blend until smooth, then transfer to a shallow dish.
- Dip tortillas one at a time in sauce.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of squash mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Top with remaining sauce, cheese and green onion.
- Cover and bake 20-30 minute or until cheese is melted.
These taste really fresh. I didn't make these as low-fat as written in the recipe (I used full-fat Mexican cheese, and low fat cream cheese), but they still are pretty healthy. I found that this made enough filling to fill approx. 9 tortillas. Thanks for sharing!