My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shredded zucchini or 2 cups squash
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided use (4.5g fat per 1/4 cup)
- 4 ounces packages fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided use
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatillos, skins removed and halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine squash, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cream cheese, red pepper, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon garlic in a medium mixing bowl.
- 4Boil tomatillos for approximately 5 minutes or until they begin sinking.
- 6Place in a blender or food processor.
- 7Add cilantro, 1 teaspoon garlic, salt, pepper and jalapenos.
- 8Blend until smooth, then transfer to a shallow dish.
- 10Dip tortillas one at a time in sauce.
- 11Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of squash mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- 12Roll up and place seam side down in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 13Top with remaining sauce, cheese and green onion.
- 14Cover and bake 20-30 minute or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Verde Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 504.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat Mexican cheese blend