Recipe by AshK
Vera has attributed this recipe to "Aunt Ola". I have eaten Vera's, but haven't made it myself. Vera recommended refrigerating the salad overnight for the flavors to blend, cook time includes refrigeration prior to serving.
Top Review by Sue Lau
This was wonderful! I found the mix of flavors to be a perfect balance of sweet and sour. In fact, with the flavors the vegetables imparted to the salad, it reminded me of the best sweet & sour stir-fry I have had. This will definitely be a favorite for summer weather and barbecues! Thank you.
- 1 lb green beans, drained
- 1 lb red kidney beans, drained
- 1 lb yellow wax bean, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, any oil you prefer is fine
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine drained beans in a non-reactive bowl.
- Add green pepper, green onion, and celery.
- For the dressing, stream oil into vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over veggies and stir to blend.
- Refrigerate over night before serving.