Recipe by CIndytc
This is an old recipe that my Mother in Law pasted down to me...It is very good and I have not seen a recipe come close to this one. Want to put here for safe keeping. The pudding can be found where you find the instant tapioca, and regular pudding...you can use strawberry flavored too. You can use Cool Whip instead of Dream Wip.. This is an old recipe and I don't think they had frozen whipped topping back then. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 1 angel food cake, torn into pieces
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) packageraspberry currant danish dessert pudding
- Dream Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need a 9 X 13 pan.
- Tear angel food cake into bite size pieces, place on the bottom of the pan.
- Drain juice from strawberrys and save in bowl.
- Cook pudding according to direction using juice from strawberries instead of water. Thicken and let cool.
- Add strawberrys to pudding.
- Spoon over cake pieces, smashing down to pudding covers cake pieces.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight.
- Beat dream ship and put over top shortly before serving.