Recipe by karen in tbay
I received this recipe from my co-worker and we really enjoyed it this Thanksgiving. Her copy looks like it may have come from Quick Cuisine - Winter 2001.
- 2 lbs boneless turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Trim turkey breast of any fat.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil with garlic, thyme, mustard, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Rub into turkey breast.
- Marinate in the refrigerator from 1 hour to 12 hours.
- Arrange turkey breast, skin side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tinfoil.
- Roast at 350F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the breast reaches 165F and the juices run clear.
- Remove turkey from oven to a carving board and tent with tinfoil. Place juices in a medium skillet (could drain off some of the fat) add lemon juice (perhaps use less if some of the fat drained off) and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Carve turkey into thin slices across the breast. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with fresh thyme.