Recipe by CIndytc
This is a recipe I got years ago from my mother in law....Very easy and turns out perfect everytime...
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I used whole milk. The recipe did not specify to spray the pan with non-stick spray. I did so anyways but it was not needed and I would not recommend anyone to do it. It was very custardy right out of the oven but after sitting for a few minutes, the minute rice really absorbed the custard and the pudding was very thick. I omitted the nutmeg as I am not a fan of that flavor. I went heavy on the raisins since I believe a rice pudding can never have too many raisins!
- 2⁄3 cup white minute rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring rice and milk and raisins to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Add slowly to boiled milk mixture and stir until smooth.
- Put into an 9 inch square pan.
- Set in hot water bath and bake in oven 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until set.