Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my good friend, Vera, about 4 years ago and I've been making it ever. I've passed on this recipe to friends many times. Hope you will try it and enjoy it as much as my family does.
- Method: Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together soda,salt and flour, and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Toss rhubarb with the tbsp of flour and mix gently into batter.
- Spoon into 9x13 pan and smooth surface.
- Topping: Combine all ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 50- 60 minutes.