1/2 Photos of Vera's Oat Bran Cookies
Good cookies!! From "High fiber cookbook for diabetics" by Mabel Cavaiani, R.D.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream margarine and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 2Add sugar substitute, eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture, mix at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Scrape down the bowl.
- 4Stir flour, oat bran, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon together to blend Add to creamed mixture along with raisins and water.
- 5Mix at medium speed until blended, Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- 6Dip your fingers in cold water and press the dough down to form a round cookie about 2 1/2-inches across.
- 7Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- 8Remove cookies from hot cookie sheets to wire racks to cool to room temperature and serve 1 cookie per serving.
- 9Food exchanges per serving: 2/3 bread and 1 fat Low sodium diets; Omit salt.
- 10Use salt-free margarine and low-sodium baking powder Low cholesterol diets: Omit eggs.
- 11Use 1/2 cup egg whites.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vera's Oat Bran Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 135.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Sweet'N Low brown sugar substitute