Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Good cookies!! From "High fiber cookbook for diabetics" by Mabel Cavaiani, R.D.
Make and share this Vera's Oat Bran Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream margarine and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar substitute, eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture, mix at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Stir flour, oat bran, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon together to blend Add to creamed mixture along with raisins and water.
- Mix at medium speed until blended, Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Dip your fingers in cold water and press the dough down to form a round cookie about 2 1/2-inches across.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove cookies from hot cookie sheets to wire racks to cool to room temperature and serve 1 cookie per serving.
- Food exchanges per serving: 2/3 bread and 1 fat Low sodium diets; Omit salt.
- Use salt-free margarine and low-sodium baking powder Low cholesterol diets: Omit eggs.
- Use 1/2 cup egg whites.
Brilliant cookies, easy to make, very tasty and versatile. Thank you so much for submiting!