This is an old recipe from my mother in law....very simple and elegant looking...her size of dish is vague but what I always used was a 11 X 7 pyrex dish and it worked out well.. She also used sliced pound cake if she could not find lady fingers.
- Whip whipping cream and almond extract together and set aside.
- Line the bottom and the sides of pan with your lady fingers.
- Cream together powdered sugar and cream cheese, fold in shipping cream mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread mixture into the pan lined with lady fingers. Smoother top.
- Pour can of cherry pie filling over mixture.
- Cover with saran wrap, and refrigerate overnight.