Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that my late mother in-law used to make. I am putting here for safe keeping as I want to be sure to pass it on to my kids as it is a dish we make often, especially as a side dish on the Holidays. Such a simple dish that really packs a great flavor...
- Melt 1 stick of butter in pan.
- Cook green pepper and onion until carmalized.
- Add tomatoes and warm thru.
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Add to tomato mixture and stir up good.
- Butter a 9 X 13 pan and put mixture into it.
- Dot top with the remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until crusty on top.
- Serve as a side dish to beef or chicken or turkey, or as a vegetarian dish -- .
I usually try hard not to change much in a recipe when I first make it, but I did cut back on the amount of butter used here! I used 6 tablespoons of it to carmalize the onions & green pepper, & then just 2 tablespoons to dot the prepared dish before baking! I also used a can of low sodium tomatoes! When all was said & done, though, we have a wonderful tasting vegetarian dish that my son & DIL thoroughly enjoyed! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef event]