Recipe by tsethna109
Found this recipe in Better Homes & Garden magazine. If you are looking for something very different/unusual to serve as an appetizer, this is it! It has been a success with the adults, although kids don't seem to care much for it; probably because it isn't your regular off-the-shelf salsa!
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 small limes, peeled, sectioned and seeds removed, about 1/3 cup
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine corn, jicama, cucumber and tomato.
- For dressing,in a blender or food processor combine lime sections, stone ground mustard, honey, dry mustard, salt, soy sauce, garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and blend or process until dressing is smooth.
- With blender or processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until combined.
- Stir dressing into vegetable mixture.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.