Recipe by CharmedChef
Great summer pork chops to help use up fresh veggies from your garden or farmers' market. Found recipe in FamilyFun magazine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (8 ounce) pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) jarsliced tomatoes with juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil to medium high heat and saute chops, about three minutes per side. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add onions to same pan and cook, about three minutes. Add peppers and celery and cook until vegetables are tender and onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and their juice and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover pork chops in tomato mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Simmer on medium low heat until pork chops are done, (150 degrees internal temperature) about 8 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice.