Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
There are several versions of this soup. I have tried 3 of them and this one, which was passed down to me from my mom, is my favorite.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope French onion soup mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2⁄3 cup small shell pasta (or other small pasta)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large pot brown ground beef.
- Drain fat.
- Add broth, water, celery, soup mix and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and frozen vegetables, along with worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce, and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Had a version of this at an end of season soccer party. Googled Venus De Milo soup for kicks and came across your recipe. I know there are many recipes out there but the hot sauce and worcestershire sauce in your recipe appealed to my palate. Did not disappoint...My 14 yr old son was extremely pleased. Thanks for sharing!!! Already added it to my Food.com cookbook to come back to :)