Recipe by Iron Bloomers
Fast vegetable soup with old fashioned taste. Sent to me by mom years ago. It was a big time saver while I was raising 3 boys as a single parent.
Top Review by Lali
This is almost EXACTLY the "Quick" recipe I use for soup. If I don't have time to simmer for hours and hours. Instead of the frozen veggies, I use Veg-All and I also add a can of dark red kidney beans. Sometimes I use sausage instead of the ground beef. Gives it an extra "Kick". I'm a Soup kinda girl. Love Soup!! :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans water (use empty broth cans)
- 4 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton French Onion soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta (like orzo, stars,alphabets, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot brown ground beef, stirring to break up.
- Drain well.
- Add broth, onion soup mix, water, tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat simmer 5 minutes, add frozen vegetables, continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
- Stir in pasta cook about 8 minutes more till pasta is done.
- This makes a fast, great-tasting soup in no time at all--freezes well.