Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
For over 45 years, Venus de Milo Restaurant has been recognized as one of the premier restaurants in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and is capable of hosting banquets up to 2000 people! It is also famous for one of it's chefs, Emeril Lagasse, who worked their after culinary school. Here is another of their recipes.
- 8 ounces lobster meat (bite sized chunks)
- 8 ounces shrimp (peeled & de-veined)
- 8 ounces sea scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, swirl
- 1 lb cooked angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy sauté pan melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
- When the butter begins to bubble add the garlic and shrimp and sauté for about a minute.
- Next add the scallops and the lobster meat and sauté until the scallops are white and firm.
- Sprinkle the flour over the seafood while tossing or stirring.
- Add the clam juice, white wine, parsley, and lemon juice and simmer for about a minute or until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Add the light cream and return to a simmer. Adjust seasoning and add the butter swirl just before serving.
- Serve over hot angel hair pasta.
- NOTE: What is a butter swirl? A butter swirl is a portion of tempered butter that is added to a sauce just before serving to enhance the flavor, texture, and appearance. A butter swirl will aid in binding a sauce and it will also introduce a sheen, which is a visually appealing. By tempered we mean butter that is at room temperature.