Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Scalloped potatoes are baked with cheese, milk, butter, and chopped onion, along with seasonings and flour.
- 4 cups sliced raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- Place half the potatoes in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, flour, onion, and cheese.
- Dot with bits of butter.
- Repeat layer then add milk to cover potatoes.
- Cover with foil or lid and bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Take the lid off near the end of cooking to brown, or put under broiler for a few minutes.