Recipe by Missy in Montana
I am always looking for new ways to prepare venison and elk, as my husband loves to hunt. I made this recipe up one night, searching for something different, and it turned out great! A hearty, warm meal for chilly fall nights.
- 6 medium venison steak
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (16 ounce) can white beans
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- dried basil
- grill mates steak seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steaks in a baking dish, sprinkle with Grill Mates if desired, and bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned.
- Combine tomato sauce, beans(drained), and garlic. Add pepper, basil and brown sugar to taste. (About 1/8 t. of pepper, 1/2 t. basil is what I use.).
- Pour sauce/bean mixture over steaks.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes. Enjoy!