Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Country Magazine: Oct-Nov 2007 Need to replace the tortillas Taco seasoning ingredients: chili pepper, salt, maltodextrin, spice, onion powder, corn starch, yellow corn flour. contains less than 2% of: partially hydrogenated soybean oil, silicon dioxide (anticaking agent), Need to find spice blend replacement. Version from: http://kidfocused.com/forget-the-envelope-make-your-own-taco-seasoning-at-home/ 1 tablespoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional- I leave this out) 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon sea salt 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 453.59 g ground venison
- 411.06 g canrotels tomatoes
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 28.34 g envelope taco seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml small curd cottage cheese
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 10 tortillas
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook venison over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, salsa and taco seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, oregano and cumin.
- Place half the tortillas in a greased 13x9 baking dish. Top with half the meat sauce. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over the top. Layer with remaining tortillas and meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover, sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.