Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from a 1990 NAHC Wild Game Cookbook. Easy to make and very tasty.
Make and share this Venison Tips recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs venison stew meat
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, stems & pieces drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lea & perrins english pub mustard
- 6 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 6 -8 servings egg noodles
- Combine flour, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Coat meat and brown in hot cooking oil.
- Mix in the onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery and carrots and brown slightly.
- Let sit on low heat while you mix the mustard and bouillon together. Pour this over the meat/vegetable mixture and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, until the celery and carrots are tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions,.
- thicken meat mixture with remaining flour if desired.