Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very simple and delicious twist on steaks
- 1 (6 ounce) venison (substitute filet mignon)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili oil
- Place all ingredients except the meat in a mortar and grind to a paste.
- Cover the filet with the paste and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook on an open grill over charcoal embers for 6 minutes on each side. The time may vary depending on height above the embers. The meat should be firm but not rigid to the touch.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.