Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband hunts ALOT, so we have tons of ground venison on hand in the freezer. I use it in everything most people use ground beef for. This recipe is one of my kids' favorites. What kid doesn't like tater tots?!? Us adults like it too.
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package tater tots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the tater tots package.
- Place tater tots on a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown venison with minced garlic and onion. Drain.
- Add cream of mushroom soup to meat and stir until mixed.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the meat mixture.
- Top with tater tots. (I usually have leftover tots, good to munch on while dinner's cooking!).
- Top tater tots with garlic powder and salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and the tater tots are browned.
Nice easy recipe that the whole family liked. I added some frozen corn into the mixture and it helped. I will experiment with this recipe and see were it goes.
Pretty good basic recipe. I found it a little bland. Maybe add some rosemary or sage. It tasted better warmed up the next day.