Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
This is different than the taco casseroles I found on zaar so I thought I'd add it. It was also made with venison by my mom but you can use beef as well. Very good and quick!
Top Review by Kim127
I'm giving this 5 stars because DH loved it. He ate half the pan, and this makes alot! Reminded me of a taco hamburger helper. We did use ground venison so I add a pat of butter while browning it up. Perfect with the nacho chips!! I broke mine up and mixed them in. I think this would be good served with a little sour cream garnish too. I didn't add any extra water with the taco seasoning, just added the packet and mixed in the sauce. We skipped the olives since I can't stand them. Thanks for a great tasting a really easy dinner! Made for the Australian Recipe Swap.
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef
- 12 ounces shell pasta
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fritos corn chips or tortilla chips, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boiling and add noodles. Cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Brown meat in skillet, drain and add taco seasonings according to pkg. direction.
- Combine all ingredients, except the chips in large saucepan and heat on medium/high until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chips.