Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is different than the taco casseroles I found on zaar so I thought I'd add it. It was also made with venison by my mom but you can use beef as well. Very good and quick!
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef
- 12 ounces shell pasta
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fritos corn chips or tortilla chips, for dipping
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boiling and add noodles. Cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Brown meat in skillet, drain and add taco seasonings according to pkg. direction.
- Combine all ingredients, except the chips in large saucepan and heat on medium/high until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chips.
I'm giving this 5 stars because DH loved it. He ate half the pan, and this makes alot! Reminded me of a taco hamburger helper. We did use ground venison so I add a pat of butter while browning it up. Perfect with the nacho chips!! I broke mine up and mixed them in. I think this would be good served with a little sour cream garnish too. I didn't add any extra water with the taco seasoning, just added the packet and mixed in the sauce. We skipped the olives since I can't stand them. Thanks for a great tasting a really easy dinner! Made for the Australian Recipe Swap.
My family really enjoyed this. I needed something quick tonight because I was late getting home from work. This was quick and easy to make and very tasty. I followed the recipe as written except I didn't add the black olives because I am the only one in the family that eats them. I used 2 cups of cheddar cheese. I was a bit unsure about step 2 when it says to add the taco seasoning according to the package. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to add water as it isn't in the ingredient list but I did add it and I think it worked out great. Will be making again.