Cajun Kitchen's Note:
Delicious multicolored bell peppers stuffed with ground venison or any leftover venison roast or steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- 3Add minced garlic and chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 4Add ground venison and cook until all meat is browned.
- 5Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper.
- 6Cook until mushrooms are reduced.
- 7Rinse bell peppers.
- 8Cut off tops of bell peppers and set aside.
- 9Clean out the core and seeds of the bell pepper and throw away.
- 10Stuff peppers with meat mixture and put the pepper top back on.
- 11Place all four peppers in a baking dish standing up.
- 12Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- 13Serve by itself for a lunch or with a pilaf for a larger meal.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.2
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 699.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 26.8 g