Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious multicolored bell peppers stuffed with ground venison or any leftover venison roast or steak.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add ground venison and cook until all meat is browned.
- Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper.
- Cook until mushrooms are reduced.
- Rinse bell peppers.
- Cut off tops of bell peppers and set aside.
- Clean out the core and seeds of the bell pepper and throw away.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture and put the pepper top back on.
- Place all four peppers in a baking dish standing up.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve by itself for a lunch or with a pilaf for a larger meal.
This was good, but I have a problem with the serving of this dish. Normally (at least what I am use to) this dish is made with some sort of tomato sauce. The seasoning was alright, but everything just seemed bland without any liquid. I may try this again (since we have an entire freezer full of venison, thanks to hubby), but I will make it into what I usually prepare, as far as "stuffed peppers" go, using a tomato sauce with them. Thank you for the recipe. (Made for PAC - Spring 2013)