Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Venison stew with dumplings is great for a cold winter night. The gamey taste of some deer can be taken care of by soaking the meat in milk for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Put your cubed venison in a large bowl, add salt and pepper and enough flour to coat the meat.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, add the vegetable oil, then the onion and then deeply brown the meat.
- Throw in your celery and carrots, garlic, Season All and bay leaf, add enough water to cover.
- Stir well and then cover, simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When the timer goes off, take the biscuits and tear them into pieces, drop the pieces into the stew.
- Cook uncovered on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes.