Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Great stew for a chilly night. Prepare ahead, as this needs to cook for 2-1/2 hours.
- 2 lbs venison, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 3 cups homemade beef broth
- 1 teaspoon penzey's ruth ann's seasoning or 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add onions, garlic, carrots and zucchini and saute until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
- Remove to a heat safe oven dish, while preheating the oven to 325°F.
- Add more butter if needed and brown the venison cubes on all sides. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the oven dish, except for the flour, and mix well.
- Bake, covered, in 325 F oven for 2 hours. After 2 hours, add the 1/2 cup flour, mix well and uncover to bake for 1/2 hour more.