Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
With a man in the family that hunts deer for 2 weeks each year I had to start trying to find ways to cook it all up. This is one of the better recipes I have found and use it often. Came from a Google search and then I tweaked it a little.
- 4 venison steak
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I used low salt)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- beef gravy granules, as needed
- Mix together garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil and water.
- Pour over venison steaks and marinade at least 4-6 hours or overnight. Venison is not very fatty so the longer you marinade the better.
- Preheat barbecue to 500°F making sure to season the grill well with oil of your choice. Remove steaks from marinade and reserve sauce for gravy.
- Sear each side of the steak, approximately 3 min each side. Turn down grill to low and allow to cook for another 10-15min depending on your preference. I prefer mine medium rare.
- Meanwhile take the reserved marinade and pour into small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Add enough beef gravy granules( I use Bistro) to thicken sauce. Add a bit at a time so as not to over thicken. (If you do just add a bit of water to thin).
- Remove steaks from grill, serve with prepared gravy.
Very good venison recipe. The taste was really good and I do not care for the gamey taste of venison and this marinade knocks it. you wont know you are eating venison. I served it with mashed potatoes. Thanks for the great recipe
This is a great recipe!! I only used about half the vinegar and doubled the recipe! I also, did not use the remaining marinade for gravy. I just added more steaks to fix for tomorrow! The family loved it! DH was thrilled, DD(9) ate two steaks! DS(8) thought it was GREAT! DD(7) also thought it was really good! Can't wait to eat steak again tomorrow!