Recipe by KLBoyle
The sauce on these steaks is to die for! Although I use with game,I'm sure it would be just as awesome with beef steaks as well. Enjoy!
Top Review by Julie M.
Fabulous sauce. Not fond of too much pepper so just seasoned venison medallions well before pan frying and then omitted the pepper from the sauce recipe. Absolutely perfect, will use this again and will also try it with beef steak. Thank you!
- 680.38 g venison steak (I like back strap)
- 44.37 ml oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml fresh ground pepper
- 78.07 ml brandy
- 59.14 ml red wine
- 236.59 ml beef stock
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil in large saute pan over med-high heat.
- Salt and pepper each side of steaks and add to pan. Venison at it's best should be served at med-rare. Quickly sear each side of steaks, just about 2 minute per side.
- Remove steaks and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn heat down to med. and add shallots and ground pepper to pan and saute.
- Add brandy to pan and de-glaze. Cook for a minute or so to slightly thicken.
- Add wine and beef stock and turn heat back up to med-high. Let simmer for 3-4 minute then add sour cream. Let this mixture cook until it reaches a nice, thick consistency.
- Add steaks back to pan and cook 2 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!