1/3 Photos of Venison Steaks W/ Creamy Pepper & Brandy Sauce
The sauce on these steaks is to die for! Although I use with game,I'm sure it would be just as awesome with beef steaks as well. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and oil in large saute pan over med-high heat.
- 2Salt and pepper each side of steaks and add to pan. Venison at it's best should be served at med-rare. Quickly sear each side of steaks, just about 2 minute per side.
- 3Remove steaks and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 4Turn heat down to med. and add shallots and ground pepper to pan and saute.
- 5Add brandy to pan and de-glaze. Cook for a minute or so to slightly thicken.
- 6Add wine and beef stock and turn heat back up to med-high. Let simmer for 3-4 minute then add sour cream. Let this mixture cook until it reaches a nice, thick consistency.
- 7Add steaks back to pan and cook 2 minute.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Steaks W/ Creamy Pepper & Brandy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.7 mg
- Sodium 315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 40.8 g