Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just trust me on this one... Ever the imaginative chef I needed something to do with the dark chocolate truffles left in the Lindor variety box that I got for Christmas (the dark ones pale in comparison to the regular, hazelnut and white ones in my opinion). I'm not entirely sure what compelled me to put a couple of them on the venison steaks I was cooking for dinner that night, but boy am I glad I did! The chocolate mixes beautiful with the meat juices and, having seen how well it works, I am going to try it on beef fillet steaks next time because I imagine it would be rather wondrous that way too!
- 2 venison steak
- 2 dark chocolate truffles (Lindor)
- Place venison on baking tray.
- Cut Lindor truffles in half and place one half at either end of each steak.
- Bake as directed on the venison packet, or at 190c for approximately 20 minutes.
- When the venison is cooked, the chocolate will have melted over the steak and mixed in with all the meat juices to make an absolutely delicious jus. Mmm!