Chef #1023897's Note:
I got this recipe from the Complete Venison Cookbook, by Harold W. Webster, Jr. I modified some of the recipe. Easy everyday recipe. Serve with salad and garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice/chop the onion, slice the mushrooms and cut the venison steak into thin strips.
- 2Melt 4 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onions and cook them until soft, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- 3Add the mushrooms and cook until tender;.
- 4Increase heat to high, push the vegetables to the side and add the remaining 2 teaspoons butter to the skillet.
- 5After butter has melted, add venison strips and stir-fry until just browned; mix in with vegetables;.
- 6Stir in cream and ginger and heat through.
- 7Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and transfer to a serving platter.
- 8Serve with steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Steak With Mushrooms and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.4
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 223.7 mg
- Sodium 206.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.4 g