Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Complete Venison Cookbook, by Harold W. Webster, Jr. I modified some of the recipe. Easy everyday recipe. Serve with salad and garlic bread.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb venison steak
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- fresh parsley
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- Slice/chop the onion, slice the mushrooms and cut the venison steak into thin strips.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onions and cook them until soft, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender;.
- Increase heat to high, push the vegetables to the side and add the remaining 2 teaspoons butter to the skillet.
- After butter has melted, add venison strips and stir-fry until just browned; mix in with vegetables;.
- Stir in cream and ginger and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve with steamed white rice.