Recipe by Z,G,L's mom
This is our favorite recipe for steak subs. I start with homemade sub rolls and add the steak strips, peppers, onions, garlic and lots of gooey colby cheese. Talk about a delicacy!
- 1 lb venison, backstrap
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow peppers or 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 banana pepper, cut into thin slices (optional)
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups colby cheese, shredded
- 4 submarine rolls or 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze the backstrap until it is solid enough to shave into thin pieces. In a large skillet heat oil. Add backstrap, onions, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper. Saute until meat is med rare or, if you like, well done.
- Place the colby cheese on top of meat mixture and heat just until cheese melts.
- Spoon mixture over sub rolls and enjoy!