Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My years growing up in WV taught me how to cook venison in many ways. This is my favorite and so quick and moist.
- 4 small venison steak
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Lowery's)
- 1 small onion (sliced thin)
- 6 ounces mushrooms (sliced in a bottle)
- Place all ingredients in a foil pouch, homemade or store bought now.
- Place on the grill. Cooking times vary depending on thickness of steaks and how well done you prefer them.
- Remove from grill and pour onto plate with whatever sides you like.
- Great with au gratin potatoes and green beans.