Recipe by JustJan
This is the only steak my family will eat. They do not even like NY strip any more. We have our meat processor cut our venison steaks to about 1 inch thick, then I marinate and grill to medium rare. Better than beef and better for you too! Our traditional family Christmas Eve dinner menu is always venison steak and shrimp scampi!
Top Review by Bonnie Young
Wow! My husband got a deer this year and our first taste of it was the inside loin. I used this marinade on it and what a wonderful flavor. I browned it in my fry pan then removed it and added mushrooms and sauteed them until slightly browned then put the loins back in and baked for about 25 minutes. We couldn't stop eating what a great flavor. I will be using this marinade for more than venison. Thanks so much!
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) package venison steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a small measuring cup.
- Place venison steaks in a large zip lock bag.
- Pour marinade over steaks and seal bag.
- Place bag in a flat casserole dish so that the steaks are in a single layer.
- Refrigerate and marinate at least 4 hours, turning every half hour to marinate each side.
- Drain marinade and grill steaks to desired doneness.
- I double or triple this recipe for each addition package of steak. Any wild game steak can be used in this recipe.