Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
Tender, flavorful, and fast. I am so grateful! Scott knew how much we like venison, so he came by yesterday and gave us about 70 pounds of venison!... fresh, just packaged, and a doe. Last night was venison steak... recipe to follow, and tonight was tenderloins. Will post that later. I checked the Zaar to see what people did. There were only 5 recipes for venison steak, and all took way longer than I wanted. So here it is, I made it up as I went along. Boy was it yummy!
- 1 lb venison (steak)
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns (freshly ground)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1 tablespoon pepper on wax paper in shape of steak.
- Put steak on pepper and sprinkle second tablespoon of pepper on steak.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet and saute onions.
- Remove onions when done and move to serving platter.
- Saute peppered steak in remaining butter, in skillet, over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn steak over and cook for 2 more minutes.