1/4 Photos of Venison Steak
Tender, flavorful, and fast. I am so grateful! Scott knew how much we like venison, so he came by yesterday and gave us about 70 pounds of venison!... fresh, just packaged, and a doe. Last night was venison steak... recipe to follow, and tonight was tenderloins. Will post that later. I checked the Zaar to see what people did. There were only 5 recipes for venison steak, and all took way longer than I wanted. So here it is, I made it up as I went along. Boy was it yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1 tablespoon pepper on wax paper in shape of steak.
- 2Put steak on pepper and sprinkle second tablespoon of pepper on steak.
- 3Melt butter in heavy large skillet and saute onions.
- 4Remove onions when done and move to serving platter.
- 5Saute peppered steak in remaining butter, in skillet, over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 6Turn steak over and cook for 2 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Steak
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 31.7 g