Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really delish way to cook ground venison
Make and share this Venison Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs venison
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of apple sider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. In a medium sauce pan cook Venison, onion, bell pepper, and garlic on medium/low heat until the vegetables are transparent.
- 2. While meat is cooking, in a small bowl combined all other ingredients.
- 3. Pour sauce over meat and combined well.
- 4. Let simmer over medium/high heat for 25-30 minutes.
I was given a lot of ground venison, and I love to use it in this recipe! I think it's perfect as written, but I cut the green pepper in half to suit my children's tastes. I don't think I will be able to eat the canned sloppy joe sauce ever again!
Thanks for the Great receipe Stacy. I doubled the receipe and added one 1/2 pint of my home made hot pepper jelly to it and I could not stop eating it. I couldn't wait for the next day so I could have it for lunch again.
Excellent! I actually used 1 lb of beef and then 1 lb of venison sausage (only because I opened the package and it wasn't marked "sausage") but the result was outstanding. Hubby isn't a ketchup fan, so I subbed out 1/2 of the ketchup for his favorite BBQ sauce. And I used up my last green pepper yesterday (whoops again) so I used 2 stalks of celery in it's place. Lastly, I saw in another recipe they threw in a handful of oatmeal to boost the health factor and to stretch the recipe a little. I sauteed the veggies first, then browned off the meat and through all the ingredients in the crockpot on low for about 2.5 hours. Again, WOW and yummy!