Recipe by Backwoods Girl
This is a quick and easy meal to warm you up after a long day of being outdoors.
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (8 oz.)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
- French-fried onions or potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large deep skillet heat olive oil over medium low heat and sweat minced garlic.
- Add ground venison to skillet with onion soup mix, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables after the venison is mostly cooked through. Cook, uncovered to allow most of the moisture to boil off.
- When the vegetables are completely heated through, stir in the cooked rice and the sour cream.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top with french fried onions or crushed potato chips.