Recipe by ~la petite chef~
SPICY!!! and delicious! This can be with any sausage!
Top Review by lolabunny101
A great way to use sausage! I toned down the spices and used cajun seasoning and green chilies for the kids.I also added the noodles in the same pan just covered with beef broth to save a step. Saved for future use. Maybe next time I will kick up the spices. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb venison sausage, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thin-sliced
- 1 green pepper, large-diced
- 2 large tomatoes, large-diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce or 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 lb penne pasta or 1 lb egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Sausage in skillet or dutch oven over med. heat, turning often until brown, about 10 minutes remove.
- Saute onion, garlic and green pepper in Olive Oil until tender and browned. Add tomatoes, seasonings and sauces. Blend well.
- Return sausage to skillet and bring mixture to a boil. Lower temperature.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 15-18 or until mixture has reduced.
- Stir in cooked noodles, and serve.