Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This was my mom's recipe but I changed it to suit me so I guess now its mine.
- 6 lbs venison
- 3 lbs bacon, ends and pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sage
- 2 tablespoons cracked peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Put venison through grind twice put meat in mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- mix well with hands to blend spices well.
- shape into patties or pack into casings (9 feet of links).
- Freezes and smokes well.