Prep 120 hrs
Cook 6 hrs
Someone sent me this a while back,..it's very good!
- 5 lbs venison, hamburger ground with no added fat
- 5 teaspoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds (to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- Mix ingredients in large bowl and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap.
- Remix daily for 3-4 days.
- On the 5th day, form into rolls of about 2 lbs.
- each 1 1/2-2" in diameter.
- Place rolls in a smoker at 120 degrees for 6 hours, turning for uniform smoke.
- Place rolls in a regular oven at 160 degrees for 4 hours, turning occasionally, to finish drying.
- If you don't have a smoker, dry in regular oven for a total of 6 hours at 160 degrees.
- Hickory, cherry or mesquite smoke is great; lighter smokes, like apple and alder, are second choice.