Recipe by Aroostook
Extra deer or moose meat? Try this.
Top Review by Kathryn39
This is an excellent no/low fat salami. Followed the recipe exactly; however, will probably add a pinch of garlic to the next batch. I also will be rolling it over once an hour during the baking process as it was a bit flat on the bottom side. So glad to have found this as husband is a hunter; always looking for new and healthful ways to use venison.
- 5 lbs ground deer meat
- 5 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap pushed down on meat mixture.
- Refrigerate 4 days mixing well at least once a day.
- On 4th day form mixture into long rolls, place on baking sheet.
- Cook 225 F for 4 hours.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.