Recipe by KittyKitty
This is a recipe from a friend. Her and her husband gave us a venison roast. I haven't made this yet, as I have never had venison, and I am little funny about trying it, you know the bambi thing and all...but if anyone tries this, let me know how it is!
Top Review by swartzakitty
this is a good way to cook deerm for a first time taste. my dad was a maine guide with sport camps for more than 50 yrs. i've been know to stand on the porch and yell"get to h*** out of the woods the sports are coming."no one ever said a word but i think they thought my dad had a burden cheff 249610
- 1 (5 -6 lb) venison roast
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 12 black peppercorns
- 12 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any white membrane from roast. Put roast in a shyallow dish. Combine wine, onion, and seasonings, pour over roast. Cover and marinate in fridge 8 hours, turn occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade, reserve marinade. Brown roast in Dutcxh oven. Insert meat thermometer, make sure it doesn't touch any fat or bone.Add marinade to roast, cover and bake at 350F for 2 hours or until temp reaches 170°F.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Remove roast, reserving marinade. Combine flour and water, stir until smooth. Add flour mix to marinade, cook over med. stir constantly, until thick. Serve gravy with roast.