Recipe by Tara
Dh taught me how to make venison roasts when we met. Tastes just like any pot roast to me.
Top Review by h jones
Being a new wife of an outdoorsman I was bound and determined to prepare his vension in a mouth watering fashion that he would brag to all his buds about and this recipe did it. easy and terrific!!
- 1 venison roast (to fit in small roasting pan)
- 1 large cooking onion, cut in large chunks
- 2 stalks celery, chopped in 3 inch lengths
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut in 3 inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce or 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch thyme (optional)
- water, to cover
- flour, and
- milk, for gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub garlic on roast.
- Put roast in a small roasting pan with some onion under roast and some around it.
- Surround with carrots and celery.
- Fill pan with water just so the top of the roast is exposed.
- Add soya sauce, steak sauce, Worcestershire, bouillon and all spices pouring over roast and in water cover and bake in oven on 300 degrees for 4 hours.
- It should cut with a fork when done.
- Serve roast, with veggies in a bowl and mashed potatoes.
- Make gravy with the stock by putting the roasting pan on the burner on high, mix 1/2 cup milk and 3 TBSP flour well and gradually whisk into broth to make a gravy stirring constantly.
- Add more if needed to thicken.