Recipe by Nana Lee
Got this from my Yahoo group on ricecookers. I don't use wild game but I'm sure there are many of you out there who do. Hope you enjoy this. Maybe someday I'll try it with a regular porterhouse steak.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 5 cranberries, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup scotch whiskey
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 venison porterhouse steaks or 4 small beef porterhouse steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 tablespoons butter,shallots and berries in a 2 cup glass measure, cover with vented plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add Scotch whiskey, and microwave on high 1 minute or until boiling.
- Stir in orange juice,lemon juice,jelly and mustard and microwave on high 2 minutes or until boiling.
- Combine cornstarch with water, and stir into sauce; microwave on high 1 minute or until boiling; set aside.
- Preheat a microwave browning dish according to the maximum time given in manufacturer' s directions.(or brown on both sides in fry pan then in microwave).
- Rub remaining 1 tablespoons butter over surface and immediately press venison or beef onto hot surface.
- When brown, turn over and microwave on high 2 minutes or to desired doneness.(DO NOT OVERCOOK!).
- Serve immediately with sauce.