1/2 Photos of Venison or Moose Sausage Links With Peppers Sandwiches
Miss Tinkerbell's Note:
This is a great dish my father used to make all the time. Smells great cooking, and tastes even better then it looks. I use spicy sausage, but sweet would taste great as well. Would work fine with regular sausge links as well, though I prefer Moose or Venison personally.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in frying pan
- 2Brown the sausage in the oil until no longer pink outside.
- 3Remove the sausage and drain on plate with paper towels.
- 4Put the peppers and onions into the frying pan (add additional oil if needed).
- 5Cook until the onions are translucent.
- 6Slice the sausages down the middle, but do not cut all the way through.
- 7Sprinkle salt and pepper on the peppers and onion.
- 8Place the sausages back into the pan with the peppers and onions, fanning them out on top.
- 9Simmer the sausages with peppers and onions for 15 minutes.
- 10Serve on hoagie or sub rolls (or whatever bread you prefer).
- 11I like to add some spicey mustard to my sandwich, but add whatever condiment suites your taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison or Moose Sausage Links With Peppers Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 179.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g