Recipe by justtoleavereview
we found this on a hunting magazine and we always enjoy it, it calls for venison, but i often use just ground beef; makes real good camp food, but i do it at house all the time, if you like you food with more meat, use only 1/2 cup of rice, any will do, just no calrose; you can use red pepper if you prefer, or even the can ortega peppers are good on it, instead of stewed i also use diced tomatoes, depending on what i have on hand
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb venison
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- cook rice according to its directions.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- pour oil in to dutch oven or large cast iron skillet, and bring the heat up to frying.
- combine venison, onion and green pepper and saute' until venison is brown and vegetables tender.
- add tomatoes, rice, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- let it heat up all the way.
- bake for 1 hour.