1/2 Photos of Venison (Or Beef ) Mushroom Stroganoff
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
An exceptional way to use venison!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs venison or 1 1/2 lbs beef, cubed
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup corn oil (or olive)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups beef or 3 cups chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 12 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles (or 16-oz. pkg.)
- 1Mix flour, salt, lemon pepper, and celery seed in bowl.
- 2Add cubed meat and knead meat into flour mixture.
- 3Heat corn oil and one tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 4Shake excess flour from meat and set pieces into heated oil; brown meat on each side.
- 5When meat is almost brown on remaining side, pour chopped onions over meat.
- 6Cover five minutes, then mix with a wooden spoon.
- 7Add one cup beef (or chicken) bouillon and soy sauce to meat.
- 8Simmer 15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 9Then add a second cup of the beef bouillon, cooking wine and rosemary leaves to the meat mixture.
- 10Allow the meat to simmer on low heat foran additional 30 to 35 minutes.
- 11Stir occasionally.
- 12Don't be in a hurry, as cooking time affects the tenderness of the meat.
- 13When done, the meat should be covered with a thick, brown gravy.
- 14Using a separate skillet (preferably stainless steel), combine the remaining cup of beef bouillon and 1 tbsp butter.
- 15Heat to simmer.
- 16Add fresh, sliced mushrooms and simmer five minutes.
- 17Meanwhile, prepare egg noodles in a separate pan, following instructions on label.
- 18Add mushroom soup to steamed mushrooms.
- 19Simmer 5 minutes, then add sour cream; simmer another 5 minutes.
- 20Finally, fold the meat mixture into the mushroom mixture.
- 21Simmer an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 22Serve immediately with egg noodles (as a side dish) and your favorite vegetable and bread.
- 24(Sometimes I just throw it all into a crock pot and let it cook on low about 6-8 hours. It's good that way too!).
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison (Or Beef ) Mushroom Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (1437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2540.0
- Calories from Fat 914
- Total Fat 101.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 709.7 mg
- Sodium 2262.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 191.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: