1/1 Photo of Venison N Taters
My husband made this for me the first time many moons ago. I had no clue what to do with that canned venison that he brought home from his moms. So over the years I have added my own twist to an all time favorite. This is one of those meals you can really have done in 30 minutes or less. Also if your on a strict budget this will yield you dinner for 4-6 for less than $1.00 a plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart canned venison
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 dashes hot sauce, texas pete
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushroom steak sauce (we use Dawn Fresh by giorgio- if you cant find this just use 1 packet of mushroom brown gravy packet)
- over mashed potatoes, hot
- 1In a deep skillet pour in 1 quart canned venison with juices, steak sauce, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, hot sauce, mushrooms, and mushroom steak sauce.
- 2Give a quick stir and heat over medium high heat until heated through and juices have thickened up.
- 3When thickened serve over hot mashed taters.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison N Taters
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: