Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband made this for me the first time many moons ago. I had no clue what to do with that canned venison that he brought home from his moms. So over the years I have added my own twist to an all time favorite. This is one of those meals you can really have done in 30 minutes or less. Also if your on a strict budget this will yield you dinner for 4-6 for less than $1.00 a plate.
- 1 quart canned venison
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 dashes hot sauce, texas pete
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) canmushroom steak sauce (we use Dawn Fresh by giorgio- if you cant find this just use 1 packet of mushroom brown gravy packet)
- over mashed potatoes, hot
- In a deep skillet pour in 1 quart canned venison with juices, steak sauce, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, hot sauce, mushrooms, and mushroom steak sauce.
- Give a quick stir and heat over medium high heat until heated through and juices have thickened up.
- When thickened serve over hot mashed taters.
One of those good country "meat and potatoes" meals that sticks to your ribs
This was excellent!!. The only change I made was no hot sauce and liquid smoke and I added a can of drained peas wow what a supper thank you