Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Finally, a meatloaf recipe that my whole family enjoys. Mostly venison, but also with some pork sausage to add some fat to avoid a dry meatloaf (venison is such a lean meat). This is a combination of a couple of meatloaf recipes that I played around with.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute the onion in a little butter over medium-low heat. When onion just starts to look done, add the chopped garlic and saute just a few minutes longer (this brings out the flavor of the onion and the garlic instead of adding them raw).
- Mix together all the ingredients except tomato sauce, basil, and 1/4 cup ketchup.
- Put into loaf pan and cook at 375 for 50 minutes. Mix together tomato sauce and 1/4 cup ketchup and pour over top of meatloaf, then sprinkle basil over that.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes after pulling out of oven.
- Note: feel free to add some steak seasoning in place of or in addition to the seasoned pepper for stronger flavor.
Good taste and nice texture. Our deer this year seams a little gamey and this had no gamey flavor at all. I would of liked a little mor flavor in the meat loaf itself. Next time I will mix half of the basil with the meat loaf.