Recipe by Dienia B.
I tweaked this recipe from several recipes at the bbc; zaar 6.
Top Review by Tea Girl
Other than the addition of salt to the meatballs and sauce and extra mushrooms so I didn't have to make a veggie as well, I did the recipe as written. It is very good recipe and easy enough for a weekday dinner when you don't have a lot energy to do much cooking. I did this with venison as the recipe calls for but I would imagine it would be great with wild boar as well. We had this with potato dumplings, it would also be good on rice.
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, cut in rings
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix venison, onion, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, flour, and black pepper together for meatballs.
- Form mixture into small balls.
- Bake the meatballs at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes until just done but still soft .
- For the sauce, melt butter in a pan; fry onion and garlic; add mushrooms.
- Add meat balls and juice.
- Fry 5 minutes; add wine; simmer until sauce thickens.